Monday, November 30, 2009

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu

I've ignored my blog since the 8th. Lucky for me this blog isn't a plant or a pet. I've been busy with all things - except for writing. Sigh.... But today I revised my first kiss scene - up-ing the emotion. I pretty happy with it. Next comes the fall-out/reaction scene then onto the sex scene. Yes, sex scene - not a love scene - not yet - (hey, they only met a day ago).

I've also set up the files for 24 poems I plan to write for a chapbook.

I've read a couple of non-exciting books but today I picked up lao tzu: tao te ching: An English Version by Ursula K. Le Guin (prostrating myself at her feet). She includes commentary and notes along the way. Here is one of the translations from the book...

Not Wanting

The five colors
blind our eyes.
The five notes
deafen our ears.
The five flavors
dull our taste.

Racing, chasing, hunting,
drives people crazy.
Trying to get rich
ties people in knots.

So the wise soul
watches with the inner
not the outward eye,
letting that go,
keeping this.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. Shivers. Anxiously awaiting both those scenes!

    (Hoping this works.)

    PS: I'm going to try to link you over at my place. Not sure what'll happen, though!

    -- Terri

    ReplyDelete